Before I started
to make the valve gear, I had to determine the proper dimensions for
them. Spent many, many hours using Dockstader's valve gear program
(Thank you Charlie!). Measured everything and compared the actual
dimensions to my original plans. Took a lot of time figuring out what
size/kind bearings to use for the valve gear. I ended up using needle
bearings. Then I had to make the drawings. Now it was time to start
Made most of the
dozen pieces so far. Since these parts are smaller, they don't take as
long as the side/connecting rods to finish up. I reamed the bearing
holes to make sure that the bearings fit tight. Here's some parts in
different stages of being made.
Finished up the
valve gear for the left side. Still need to make rings and other odds
and ends. I like the way they look, real clean...