Scratching my (cross)Head...
Been working on
the crossheads (which I bought from "Real Trains") and making the guides. It was
a bit difficult to get these machined accurately because of the design.
First, I machines
the crossheads, then I machined bar stock for the two piece guides. I
used a slitting saw on my mill to make the slots. After a couple hours,
I got the pieces to slide effortlessly without binding.
I then clamped the
two piece sides together and used pins to hold it together as I drilled
holes for the 8 bolts.
To hold the piston
rod in the crosshead, I threaded the crossheads and piston rods, screwed
it in the correct distance, then drilled a hole at a 45 degree angle and
reamed it with a tapered reamer. I then used a #4 tapered pin to hold
it in place. Here it is with only the piston ring grooves left to do.